I know, I know. It's still early in the year-end roundups season, but we couldn't wait to get started.
First up, 10 (well, okay, 11) of the best augmented reality initiatives for 2012.
11. Net-A-Porter: Augmented Reality Meets Window Shopping
Who knew fashionistas would go ape sh*t over AR?
10. Holiday Inn: World's First Augmented Reality Hotel
Just in time for London's 2012 Olympic Games, patrons of one hotel find the place crawling with athletes.
9. Nokia Lumia Augmented Reality 'Angry Birds'
For me, 2012 was really the year Live AR started to really take off - and this is just one way consumers get in on the action, no special glasses or mobile devices required.
8. Marco Tempest Makes Magic with Kinect-Powered AR at TED Conference
Say goodbye to PowerPoint; this is a glimpse of the future of live presentations.
7. Ikea Brings Augmented Reality to 2013 Catalog
This is a brand with 211 million ways to make an impact on how we use augmented reality to sell.
6. Angry Birds Augmented Reality Game
While Nokia's promo was just that - a promo, this effort shows us where gaming's going fast.
5. Boo-Boos Be Gone: Kermit & Piggy Bring AR to BAND-AIDS
If a BAND-AID and a kiss won't cut it... Read more