As long ago as 1989, the American Association of Advertising Agencies defined an integrated marketing campaign as “an approach to achieving the objectives of a marketing campaign through a well-coordinated use of different promotional methods that are intended to reinforce each other. A comprehensive communications plan combines the strategic roles of advertising, public relations and sales promotions to provide clarity, consistency, and increased impact.” Basically, integration is the application of consistent brand messaging across both traditional and nontraditional marketing channels.
Inbound Marketing: Making Integrated Marketing Easier
While social media and online marketing channels have provided opportunities to expand the definition of non-traditional marketing, the real breakthrough in effective integration has been the development of computer based, technology driven Inbound Marketing platforms. Giving new meaning to CRM, these platforms not only make consistent communication across channels easier, but provide critical reporting and measurement features in real-time to exponentially increase the effectiveness of campaigns.
Learn the ABCs of Inbound Marketing
Seems simple—but developing an Inbound Marketing campaign takes time, resources, and commitment to building lasting, long-term results. Our e-Book The ABC's of Inbound Marketing will help you get started.
Online, Digital and Social Media Marketing will be key initiatives for companies in 2014. The importance of shifting from tactical implementation to a strategic alignment with business initiatives will be a key focus. Social Strategies to develop targeted campaigns, leverage data and implement emerging technologies and tools will be the drivers for success.
As you are planning for 2014, your business will find itself facing questions concerning the social impact of your business and brand. Winnie Hart and Lorrie Lee from TwinEngine share 14 in 2014 - Social Media Marketing trends that will take flight.
1. CONTENT MARKETING IS KEY TO ATTRACT AND RETAIN CUSTOMERS:
- Brands become publishers
- Consumers interact with content first
- Content drives SEO
2. BIG DATA JUST KEEPS GETTING BIGGER:
- Increasing challenge of gaining a single view of the client
- Analysis and predictive behaviors become influencers
- Analytics and measurement platforms improve
3. IMAGES OUTRANK WORDS FOR ENGAGEMENT:
- Higher engagement and SEO for posts with images
- Visual content returns more readers, leads, and customers
4. THE SOCIAL ENTERPRISE EMERGES AS A BUSINESS FUNCTION:
- Transition from a marketing function to a business function
- Siloed communication systems are challenged
- Knowledge-sharing cultures emerge
- Marketing is no longer a department
- Reputation management
5. SOCIAL... Read more