The social media landscape can quickly change as concerns about reach, effectiveness, value, security, or other issues rise and fall. And because trends can be specific to one or a few industries, it’s essential to analyze data for a known number of brands across a set period of time.
The Zuum report “Social Media Analysis - QSR Restaurants” is an industry benchmarking and content exploration into where the fans are in that industry, and what engages them. It looks at 9 of the QSR burger category brands, focusing on those with the highest total network members. Social media networks included in the analysis are Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+ and Pinterest.
Data Highlights and Key Takeaways
- The total social media community size is dominated by a major global brand, McDonald’s, with over 50% of all community members across all 9 brands.
- Wendy’s, with a total community size of only 17% of McDonald’s, is driving over 2 times the number of total engagements as McDonald’s
- 90% of Wendy’s engagement happens on Facebook, where their engagement rate is over 10 times that of McDonald’s
- Top industry campaign themes include brand rallying, product promotions and global events like the World Cup.
- The industry’s fastest growing social networks, in order, are Instagram, YouTube and Google+.
Brands analyzed are: McDonald’s, Dairy Queen, Burger King, Wendy’s, Sonic Drive-In, In-N-Out, Steak n Shake, Whataburger and Carl’s Jr.