This week's iMedia Entertainment Summit at the stunning Beverly Wilshire brought senior entertainment marketers from film, television, gaming, and more together with presenters from Paramount Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Warner Bros., Sony Pictures, Twitter, Pinterest, NBCUniversal, Disney, Rovio, Showtime, AwesomenessTV, Facebook, and other top industry companies. It was a powerhouse event.
The conversations included the evolving role of mobile in entertainment marketing, new social monetization strategies, what's coming next in wearable computing, and a "State of the Industry" by Jack Meyers. To see the live social feed, click here. To see the full event coverage, click here.
Oculus Rift, #gordonsbeard, and our favorite tweets and pics
Our personal highlight was 20th Century Fox SVP Bettina Sherick trying Oculus Rift for the first time:
Fav moment #2 was the birth of the hashtag #gordonsbeard, in honor of the always-wise Gordon Paddison's (CEO, Stradella Road) new look:
And, of course, our favorite tweets and pics from the event (for more, see our live social feed):
1. Jack Myers (@JackMyerscom) - Can TV advertising become like digital before digital advertising becomes like TV? What do you think? @davemorgannyc #imediasummit
2. Jennifer Prince (@JenP) - Congrats @tritter on the iMedia 2014 Visionary Marketer Award. Well deserved, my friend cc: @DonaldBNYC #imediasummit pic.twitter.com/zRUfrJk1xV
3. Bettina Sherick (@bettina) - Light, nimble multiplatform experiences that engage, create engagement and sharing are key. #iMediaSummit #imedia #quoteclarification
4. Dave Morgan (@davemorgannyc) - Hispanic Go to Movies More Than Any Other Group, and Take More Friends & Family @JSHernandezNYC #iMediaSummit
5. Brian Easter (@WBEaster) - I thought I was fairly hip, but after @tdotjdot's #iMediaSummit presentation, I realize I'm a dinosaur @iMediaTweet #GenXConfessions
6. Erin Dwyer (@Digi_Darwin) - AwesomenessTV & @Machinima should create a dating site to link these online girls and guys #imediasummit great preso @tdotjdot
7. Debbie O' Neill (@Debbie_Tapjoy) - "Hispanic market is too big to ignore. In there years, the Hispanic scale will be 63M. "- Jacqueline Hernández, #iMediaSummit
8. Keith Pape (@keithpape) - “@catyburgess: How long are you keeping that beard @gpad ? CC: @jenmprince #imediasummit #askMBE” #gordonsbeard
9. Suzy Ryoo (@suzywillow) - Entertainment marketers have spoken, Facebook needs to fix measurement & tracking. Being left out of the conversation. #iMediaSummit @gpad
10. Jack Myers (@JackMyerscom) - 40% of millennials would rather lose their car then their phone. @tdotjdot #imediasummit #mobiletrends