Top 10 Branded Promotional Games 2012 (Video)
Posted By Rick Mathieson On December 20, 2012 @ 3:25 PM In Creative Best Practices, Emerging Platforms, Entertainment, Social Media, Video, Websites, Wireless | No Comments
Among the trends we liked this year - promotional games that bridged the digital and the physical, without requiring consumer devices to play. Not that we wouldn't be amped to try Google's Ingress augmented reality game if we get the chance. And Ingress aside, Google made our list this year, along with several major brands.
One interesting note: Many of our top pics this year mixed so many elements - social, mobile, location and so on - so well, that they made some of our other lists, too.
So without further delate, our list of favorite branded games for 2012. We'd love to know which made your list, too.
Google wants you to go ga-ga over its new game.
Kit Kat wants to do a heck of a lot more than just give you a break.
Call it a crowdsourced cliffhanger.
This is one way to make print relevant in the mobile age.
There are few things more entertaining (and, often, disturbing) than watching folks dance on the Xbox Kinect system on games like Dance Central. Now let’s take it mobile.
Mustang's not horsing around when it comes to social gaming.
Hold the martini and make it a Coke Zero - shaken, stirred or otherwise.
3. Ford Pinball Park 
Pinball wizardry inspired by the perils of parking on a busy street. And the worst driver wins big.
Call it the Happy Dance: Coca-Cola wants you to bust-a-move for a free beverage.
Very cool 3D projection game to promote Eristoff vodka. Absolut (or even Red Bull) should be doing this kind of thing, too!
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-rGwBY75uk
 Google's Ingress : http://www.i-programmer.info/news/190-augmentedvirtual-reality-arvr/5123-ingress-googles-breakthough-augmented-reality-game-.html
 10. Google Wants to Rock, Tilt & Roll Your World in New Branded Game : http://mathieson.typepad.com/genwow/2012/01/google-wants-to-rock-tilt-roll-your-world-in-new-branded-game.html
 9. Kit Kat Launches GPS-Based ‘Golden Ticket’-style Promo in UK : http://mathieson.typepad.com/genwow/2012/09/kit-kat-launches-a-gps-based-golden-ticket-style-promotion-in-uk.html
 8. Mercedes ‘You Drive’ – A TV Campaign You Drive, Via Twitter: http://mathieson.typepad.com/genwow/2012/10/mercedes-launches-film-that-you-drive-via-twitter.html
 7. Magazine Cover Becomes Interactive Video Game: http://mathieson.typepad.com/genwow/2012/11/magazine-cover-becomes-interactive-video-game.html
 6. Kinect’s ‘Dance Cam’ Mobile App Lets You Create Music Videos on Your Phone: http://mathieson.typepad.com/genwow/2012/01/dance-cam-mobile-app-lets-your-create-music-videos.html
 5. Social Media Street Fight: Duke It Out for Your Dream Mustang: http://mathieson.typepad.com/genwow/2012/10/enter-the-social-street-fight-duke-it-out-for-your-dream-mustang-video.html
 4. Coke Zero '007' Vending Machine Turns Passersby Into Bond : http://mathieson.typepad.com/genwow/2012/10/coke-zero-007-vending-machine-turns-passersby-into-bond-video.html
 3. Ford Pinball Park: http://mathieson.typepad.com/genwow/2012/04/ford-pinball-park-video.html
 2. Coca-Cola’s Kinect-Powered Vending Machine: http://mathieson.typepad.com/genwow/2012/10/coca-cola-installs-kinect-in-vending-machine-much-dancing-ensues-video.html
 1. 3D Projection Game on Building Uses iPad as Controller: http://mathieson.typepad.com/genwow/2012/11/3d-projection-game-on-building-uses-ipad-as-controller-video.html
Copyright © 2010 iMediaConnection Blog. All rights reserved.