Twitter is gaining momentum at an alarming rate and more and more businesses are using Twitter to create new revenue, build relationships and solve customer issues. As a Twitter user for both personal and business use, I’ve seen what works and what doesn’t. Below are 6 tips to writing good tweets and getting more followers!
1. Keep it simple! Probably the most important piece of advice anyone can give you…no one wants to read a novel; especially on a network of fast-moving posts.
2. Be original. Yes, I know this is trivial but a lot of people forget to use their own thoughts.
3. Be personal. Bring your followers into your world, show them what YOU are about and make them feel welcome.
4. Make ‘em laugh. If you can’t come up with anything creative then default to a funny joke, everyone can appreciate a laugh now and then!
5. In conjunction with keeping it simple, make it catchy at the same time! Use words that define you and intrigue the reader. Separate yourself from the pack.
6. Hashtags. Another no-brainer in the Twittersphere; hashtags are to Twitter as SEO is to a solid website.
How can you be a part of the fun festivities of the 12 Days of Christmas, you ask? By Liking us on Facebook or Following us on Twitter, if you don't already. (You don’t want to be on that naughty list, do you?)
and follow me on Twitter, too! @amykauffman