As you are planning for 2013, your business will find itself facing questions concerning the social impact of your business and brand. Winnie Hart and Lorrie Lee from TwinEngine share 13 in 2013 – Social Media Marketing trends that will take flight.
By now, the majority of companies understand that social media platforms offer excellent, two-way dialog between organizations and their consumers. This relationship connects the two parties in a way that defies older models of communication. However, social platforms are constantly changing and evolving to meet users' needs, and this evolution will be one of the changes that organizations will face and, most likely, benefit from in 2013.
#7 Social channels integrate and align
- Top five channels remain - Blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube
- Blogs - targeted, keyword focused searchable content feeds into social channels
- Facebook - Gifts will transform Facebook. Paid ads shift to paid content. Facebook moves into social search
- LinkedIn - evolves and grows from HR focus to brand building for companies
- Twitter - the newsroom of the future
- YouTube - gains reputation as key search tool
- Pinterest - will lead in social shopping
- Social gaming - will go mainstream and begin to be cross-platform
- Google+ - sharing to targeted lists is on the rise
- Monitoring tools, ROI measurement and analytic solutions will improve
- Google supports content hierarchy. Premium links remain key performers
For a complete list of the 13 in 2013 Social Media Trends
For more trending in 2013, follow our blog.
Download the complete infographic here.