Silicon Valley Insider reports Mark Zuckerberg himself offered Facebook to MySpace CEO Chris Dewolfe on two occasions. In 2004, the price was $75 million. In 2005, $750 million. This on the tail of recent news that Facebook has double the audience (200 million uniques worldwide) than MySpace (comScore). Not impressed? As of April last year, just eight months ago, the two sites were tied.
MySpace had a chance to buy Facebook. Twice.
Posted by Mario Sgambelluri on January 30th, 2009 at 12:00 am
- How Smartphones Have Changed the Entertainment Industry (1 day ago)
- 5 Reasons Your Marketing Is Failing (1 week ago)
- Report: Tourism DMOs – A Social Media Analysis (1 week ago)
- Up Up and Away: Commercial Drone Market Ready for Take Off (2 weeks ago one comment)
- Drive Your Social Selling Via 140 Character Social Listening (2 weeks ago 3 comments)
- Instagram = Engagement… For Now (2 weeks ago one comment)
- New Instagram Business Tools (3 weeks ago)
- Report: CPG Snack Foods – Social Media Analysis (3 weeks ago)
- 5 of the Most Effective PR Campaigns of 2014 (3 weeks ago)
- The Value of Sales Experience in Marketing (3 weeks ago)