Silicon Valley Insider reports Mark Zuckerberg himself offered Facebook to MySpace CEO Chris Dewolfe on two occasions. In 2004, the price was $75 million. In 2005, $750 million. This on the tail of recent news that Facebook has double the audience (200 million uniques worldwide) than MySpace (comScore). Not impressed? As of April last year, just eight months ago, the two sites were tied.
MySpace had a chance to buy Facebook. Twice.
Posted by Mario Sgambelluri on January 30th, 2009 at 12:00 am
- Savvy Brand Storytelling (7 hours ago)
- 5 Tools Every Business Needs for Managing Social Media (4 days ago)
- Social Currency as Catalyst for B2C Communications (1 week ago)
- What Facebook’s Latest Algorithm Change Means for Social Media Marketers (1 week ago 2 comments)
- Web/Text Messaging Jargon Rules the Biz World (1 week ago)
- Legolas, Get the LinkedIn Map (1 week ago 2 comments)
- Radio Continues To Have A "Missing Link" To Listeners (2 weeks ago)
- 2014: The Year of Tumblr (2 weeks ago)
- Love Is Everything: Happy Valentine’s Day! (3 weeks ago)
- Making the Most Out of LinkedIn (4 weeks ago 2 comments)