Silicon Valley Insider reports Mark Zuckerberg himself offered Facebook to MySpace CEO Chris Dewolfe on two occasions. In 2004, the price was $75 million. In 2005, $750 million. This on the tail of recent news that Facebook has double the audience (200 million uniques worldwide) than MySpace (comScore). Not impressed? As of April last year, just eight months ago, the two sites were tied.
MySpace had a chance to buy Facebook. Twice.
Posted by Mario Sgambelluri on January 30th, 2009 at 12:00 am
- Report: Fashion Events & Social Media: 4 Campaigns Analyzed (1 day ago)
- Maybe You Deserve This Match (2 days ago)
- 5 Essentials To Your Content Management Strategy (2 weeks ago)
- Are Brands F#@king Up YouTube Advertising? (2 weeks ago 5 comments)
- How To Sell Your New Product With Video And Social Media (3 weeks ago)
- Different Types of Businesses That Really Benefit From Localized SEO and Some Tips (4 weeks ago)
- eSports Racking Up Billions of Viewer Hours – and Dollars (4 weeks ago)
- 2015 Marketing Predictions You Can Set Your Digital Watch By (1 month ago)
- MAU and Engagement Statistics of Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook (1 month ago)
- 3 CPG Soft Drink Social Media Campaigns Analyzed (1 month ago)