Silicon Valley Insider reports Mark Zuckerberg himself offered Facebook to MySpace CEO Chris Dewolfe on two occasions. In 2004, the price was $75 million. In 2005, $750 million. This on the tail of recent news that Facebook has double the audience (200 million uniques worldwide) than MySpace (comScore). Not impressed? As of April last year, just eight months ago, the two sites were tied.
MySpace had a chance to buy Facebook. Twice.
Posted by Mario Sgambelluri on January 30th, 2009 at 12:00 am
- Up Up and Away: Commercial Drone Market Ready for Take Off (3 days ago)
- Drive Your Social Selling Via 140 Character Social Listening (5 days ago)
- Instagram = Engagement… For Now (6 days ago)
- New Instagram Business Tools (1 week ago)
- Report: CPG Snack Foods – Social Media Analysis (1 week ago)
- 5 of the Most Effective PR Campaigns of 2014 (1 week ago)
- The Value of Sales Experience in Marketing (1 week ago)
- Using Social Media Queues to Manage Your Marketing Posts (2 weeks ago 3 comments)
- 5 Lessons for Content Marketers from the #icebucketchallenge (2 weeks ago)
- Report: Social Media Analysis – Luxury Auto Manufacturers (1 month ago)