Silicon Valley Insider reports Mark Zuckerberg himself offered Facebook to MySpace CEO Chris Dewolfe on two occasions. In 2004, the price was $75 million. In 2005, $750 million. This on the tail of recent news that Facebook has double the audience (200 million uniques worldwide) than MySpace (comScore). Not impressed? As of April last year, just eight months ago, the two sites were tied.
MySpace had a chance to buy Facebook. Twice.
Posted by Mario Sgambelluri on January 30th, 2009 at 12:00 am
- Facebook Reach – Back To The Future (3 days ago)
- Women in Tech Industry Still Facing Career Challenges (4 days ago)
- Elevating the Customer Experience Through Email and Social Channels (1 week ago)
- 8 Marketing Truths about Snapchat (1 week ago)
- Farewell Q&A with NY Times Ad Columnist Stuart Elliott (Part 2): What I Saw at the Revolution (1 week ago)
- Why Social Media Is Like Asking Girls Out (2 weeks ago)
- The Role of Social Media in Company Culture (3 weeks ago)
- Report: Fashion Events & Social Media: 4 Campaigns Analyzed (4 weeks ago)
- Maybe You Deserve This Match (4 weeks ago)
- 5 Essentials To Your Content Management Strategy (1 month ago)