Silicon Valley Insider reports Mark Zuckerberg himself offered Facebook to MySpace CEO Chris Dewolfe on two occasions. In 2004, the price was $75 million. In 2005, $750 million. This on the tail of recent news that Facebook has double the audience (200 million uniques worldwide) than MySpace (comScore). Not impressed? As of April last year, just eight months ago, the two sites were tied.
MySpace had a chance to buy Facebook. Twice.
Posted by Mario Sgambelluri on January 30th, 2009 at 12:00 am
- Q&A: Chris Lindland, CEO of Betabrand on Newsjacking HP T-Gate (Video) (1 day ago)
- Analyzing top social media posting keywords in any industry (1 day ago)
- Most Shared Facebook Post Topics for the CPG Dental Product Category (2 days ago)
- Triumph Motorcycles' #womenwelove Facebook Campaign Analysis (3 days ago)
- An Instagram Leaderboard for Top Fashion Apparel Brands (5 days ago)
- Can Technology Help Solve California’s Drought? (6 days ago)
- Analysis of social media campaign #obeyyourverse from Sprite (1 week ago)
- Which social media networks do yogurt brands post on most? (1 week ago)
- Dude Where's My ROI ? (2 weeks ago)
- Chart: Most-shared luxury fashion topics on Facebook (2 weeks ago)