Jeremiah Owyang, Forrester's social media guru, made a visit to the Dell offices to interview Bob Pearson, Dell's man in charge of their social media strategy. Here's the video on Jeremiah's blog. Bob has some very interesting things to say in this interview. Definitely give this a watch. It's about 5 minutes long. If you're short on time, here are some key quotes:
- "Social media is becoming who we are."
- "Listening to a community is arguably more important than the number of units sold."
- "We're finishing what we think is chapter one, which was how do we integrate social media within Dell. Chapter two is how does social media revolutionize the business infrastructure."
- "In a recession, social media actually becomes more important."
- "We want to be relevant in the right communities that our customers care about, and we want to make sure that we're always having conversations. So we're not dumping content. We're trying to have conversations."
- "The corporate homepage at Dell.com is not really the corporate homepage. The homepage today is Google."